Wednesday 20 February 2013

My dieting journey

Dieting or eating healthy is harder than you think

Tonight we are having shepherds pie
I love it and does the kids

500g mince I use 5% fat mince
1 leek cut up
2 onions chopped
3 carrots chopped up small
Herbs of your choice
Fry light
Garlic I use dorot few cloves
Tin tomatoes
Beef stock about 200ml I use oxo
Cup of frozen peas
Pot of potatoes peeled
1 egg

Put your tatties or potatoes if your not Scottish in pot and cook them
Put in different pot leeks onions and carrots in with herbs and garlic I
I cook these for about 20 mins
Add tomatoes and beef stock now put in the mince and stir till the mince is cooked
Now put in peas
Now put it in a large dish
Put this aside and start to mash the tatties with the egg
Once this is done place the mash on the mince mixture you have made up
It sounds weird but it does work
Put this dish in the oven for 30 mins

This dish makes loads I have to make huge dishes for my family with having to feed 7 people

No comments: